December 8, 2020
This is the log of games that I’ve been playing recently. If you’re wondering what games I recommend or am currently enamored with, this is your page. Expect plenty of RPGs, storytelling games, and card games. I may throw in a video game or two occasionally, but this isn’t really the place for that.
I will update this page semi-regularly, but who knows how long that means. Basically, whenever I feel this has gone out of date, expect an update.
Recently, I’ve been playing:
- My OD&D open table began just a few weeks ago. It’s a personal experiment in expanding play groups, old-school playstyles, and the history of the hobby. Read more here.
- Fiasco – The classic storytelling game from Jason Morningstar. Only got it a month ago, but it’s found its way to my table multiple times already. (Bully Pulpit Games)
- Root – A board game for 2-4 players, fighting to control a forest. Each player controls a specific faction, using its own set of rules and goals. (Leder Games)
- Splendor – A quick-paced resource acquisition game that I recently brought to my mom’s house. It’s been a very big hit there. (Space Cowboy)
- Jaws – I think most board games based off movies are pretty bad, but surprisingly this game is quite fun. One player takes the role of the shark, as the others work to put an end to their man-eating ways. (Ravensburger)